| Calculator Home | Home | Tutorial | Exponential Growth Test | Contact |
EXPONENTIAL GROWTH CALCULATOR
A calculator for performing various calculations relating to exponential growth.
Select the calculation > Enter the input variables > Press Calculate
See below for a longer description of each calculation.
1. Growth multiple m which results from R% growth per year for t years. Final value: F = present value P multiplied by growth multiple m.
2. Multiple m equal to final value F divided by present value P.
3. Growth rate R% per year which results in a growth multiple m in t years.
4. Doubling period d years in which a value will double for a growth rate R% per year.
5. Geometric growth. Resulting multiple m times present value when the present value is doubled n times.
6. Number of doubling periods n resulting in a multiple of m.
7. Duration t years to exhaust a renewable resource m times present consumption rate with consumption growing at R% per year.
8. Duration t years to exhaust a non-renewable resource m times present annual consumption with consumption growing at R% per year.
9. Cumulative consumption m times present annual consumption resulting from R% per year consumption growth rate for t years.
10. Duration t equal to the number of years per doubling period d multiplied by the number of doubling periods n.
Send any comments to this address.
MORE OR LESS
The strategies for addressing global environmental issues are clear: Efficiencies must be improved, personal consumption reduced and renewable energy embraced. But have environmental advocates really got it right. Or are we being led up the garden path.
More or Less explores the fundamentals of consumption and uncovers some basic truths that are... well... rather inconvenient.
More or Less (Slides) (2.2MB)
| Home| Tutorial | Exponential Growth Test | Contact |